6 Simple Ways To Lose Fat
Don’t make nutrition difficult. Everyone wants to know how many calories to eat, what to eat, when to eat, etc…
And really a lot of people take what is a simple and basic concept and turn it into a logistical nightmare.
Please don’t go down a rabbit hole with this stuff.
Smart marketers will fill you head with results from biased studies and make it seem like you are never eating clean enough.
That is all that is is. Just marketing. Ways to stress you out and take your money.
Follow this and you will keep your muscle and burn fat.
1. Make everything you eat count.
I am talking about nutrient dense food. Natural food. Everything you eat should help your health. No diet drinks, no chips, no regular sodas…you know processed food versus natural. Don’t eat junk.
2. Give yourself 1 day to eat whatever you want, whenever.
All day. Amazingly enough you will never gain weight doing this. Some call this a “Cheat” day, others call it a “Free” day. Whatever you call it, have fun doing it!
3. Eat a protein and a carbohydrate every meal.
A sandwich made with whole grains and meat is perfect. Chicken breast and rice. Lean steak and potato.
4. Eat often. 5-6 smaller meals or just eat when you are hungry.
Both work. ha! See what I did there. See which one you are better at doing. If it works, problem solved.
5. Never get that feeling of being famished or stuffed.
Ride that line of being borderline hungry. Not hungry but almost. This may take a little getting used to but it is always a sign you are eating the right amount of calories.
6. The more exercise you do, the easier it is to burn fat.
A long slow walk will keep muscle and burn fat but man, is it boring. A better alternative is just to workout as much as you can. Of course you would expect me to say that but hear me out. A 30-40 minute workout with weights followed by a fast walk is an awesome way to increase your calories expenditure.
The Weight Loss Equation
The basic formula (which works 99% of the time) is burn more calories than you take in to lose weight.
But let’s add a couple things to this.
- You should take in slightly (200-300) calories less than you burn to steadily lose fat. Your body needs fuel to repair itself.
- This only works if you are taking in the proper number of calories from the start.
- If you have a history of starving yourself with diets, this won’t work well for you because your metabolism is messed up. If this is the case, you need to increase your caloric intake along with exercise until your metabolism balances out.
- Eating out and eating processed foods will artificially bloat your calorie count.
- Artificial sweeteners will also give you false signals of when you are hungry.
So you may have some homework to do before this simple formula starts working but give it time.
For a natural detox, try making the majority of your food water-based. Salads, fruit, vegetables, soup etc…
The water and fiber will flush your system out.
Hopefully you enjoyed the article!
Take two-seconds and join my other sites so you don’t want to miss a thing:
Interested in training with me? Questions?
Well, here is the form to fill out!