So you think you know about strength eh? Well take this quiz and lets see how you do.
The following information is taken from Men’s Health Power Training by Robert dos Remedios , MA, CSCS
By the way, this is an excellent book. Don’t let the “Men’s Health” throw you. This is a serious book. The words “Dude” or “Bro” are not mentioned at all.
Take a look at these questions and write down your best guess, then go to the bottom of the page for answers.
1. Most Pushups in an hour?
2. Most parallel dips in an hour?
3. Most Chin-ups in an hour?
4. Heaviest Power-Lifting Bench press?
5. Heaviest Power-Lifting Squat?
6. Heaviest Power-Lifting Deadllift?
7. Heaviest Weight-Lifting Clean and jerk?
8. Heaviest Weight-Lifting Snatch?
Ok, so take your best guesses and prepare to be humbled.
p.s. This edition is from 2007 so I am sure some of these records have been broken.
1. Most Pushups in an hour? 3,416
2. Most parallel dips in an hour? 3,989
3. Most Chin-ups in an hour? 445
4. Heaviest Power-Lifting Bench press? 1,005 lbs.
5. Heaviest Power-Lifting Squat? 1,200 lbs.
6. Heaviest Power-Lifting Deadllift? 1,003 lbs.
7. Heaviest Weight-Lifting Clean and jerk? 580 lbs.
8. Heaviest Weight-Lifting Snatch? 469 lbs.
Hopefully this inspires you to lift a little harder this afternoon.
Visit me at http://www.mfactorfitness.com Michael Medvig is a personal trainer and owner of M Factor Fitness Inc., an in home personal training company in Parker Colorado. This blog represents opinions on fitness. Do your own research and draw your own conclusions. All information and materials on this site are provided as is and without warranty of any kind. These materials (including all text, images, logos, compilation, and design, unless otherwise noted) are copyright 2001-2010 M Factor Fitness Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright 2001-2010 M Factor Fitness Inc. All rights reserved. |