Simplify! A FREE 7 Day Course to Get More Results in Less Time
Watch my sixth video on how to
Simplify your workout and get more results in less time.
[frame id=”day1″ link=”https://youtu.be/iaHXJlwe2VA” linking=”lightbox” align=”center” type=”projector-screen”][/frame]
Reps, Warm-up Sets and Other Stuff
Here is another technical day to will put you in the 10% of those who know what they are doing.
If the idea is to get more results in less time then we need to look at everything we maximize our efficiency.
I am going to try and not get too technical here.
- People in general do too many warm-up sets. Do you start with a light weight and add a little weight each set until the last set is really only the heavy one? Then my friend, you have done a bunch of unproductive warm-up sets.
- You don’t have to do a lot of reps for your warm-up. Maybe 10 with a really light weight, add a little more and do 3-5 reps and you should be ready to go.
- Only start with your working sets when you have your technique locked in.
- Take more warm-up sets on days where things just don’t feel right.
Here are the traditional guidelines for reps. This are the sets after you are warmed up.
- Strength- 1-5 reps with a heavy weight.
- Strength and muscle building 4-6 reps
- Muscle building and toning 6-12 reps
- Endurance 15-25 reps.
Important points to remember.
- The last rep you should do is the one you can do with very good form. (not perfect)
- If you aren’t 80% sure you can do the next rep…don’t do it.
- If you set out to do 10 reps, the 10th rep should be very hard to do.
- The heavier the weight the more muscle fibers fire off and the more progress you make.
- High reps don’t lead to muscle growth. The pain you feel is only lactic acid and other waste products building up in the muscle cells.
See, that wasn’t so hard.
Put all this into practice. Take a few easy sets to warm-up then get after it. Figure out what your goal sis and use as heavy a weight as you can within the rep range you choose.
P.S. If you haven’t done this get ready to be sore for a while.:)
[dropcap type=”square”]+[/dropcap] ready To Take This To The Next Level?
For a free consultation to see if my personal training or online training is a good fit for you, call me at (303) 204-4306 or click the button, fill out the form and I will contact you.
NO PRESSURE. NO OBLIGATION.
[button link=”/” size=”big” type=”wide”]Get Started Now[/button]