Is Coffee Good For You?
Of course it is.
There I said it and so does Real Age.com.
For those of you in a hurry or don’t like my writing style, the bullet points are.
- 1 cup . . . may lower your risk of cancer.
- 2 cups . . . may fend off strokes
- 3 cups . . . may safeguard your neurons.
- RealAge Benefit: Enjoying coffee if you like it — and it likes you — can make your RealAge 0.3 years younger.
Ah, I am enjoying a cup now as I write this. I even feel .3 years younger!
There seem to be a certain number of villainous foods such as eggs, coffee, red meat and alcohol that are relentlessly attacked in the media. Scientists and pseudo-scientists seems to locked into their own war on terror on these foods.
Why does this hatred run run so deep? Who is behind this war? The tea taliban? The soy communistas?
Remember this, The news will gladly pick up on any food story with bold headlines because it is their mission to keep everyone anxious and stressed. In the news business bad news is good news.
Ever see the movie, “What about Bob”? Bill Murray has one of the best lines ever in that movie.
“There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those that love Neil Diamond and those who don’t.”
Same applies to coffee. Most Americans get up and enjoy a cup or too and that really seems to annoy the other side. It is almost as if they can’t stand to see us being happy in the morning.
Think about this. All these foods that are good for you one day and bad for you the next are the staple foods of our civilization. Now I am not a coffee historian but I do know that consumption of eggs and meat (protein) led to us evolving in higher path than our other ape ancestors.
Eat soy if you want, I like meat and I love my coffee.
Anyway, in terms of M Factor Fitness and for those who read this for knowledge, consider this.
- Coffee is a natural product of the earth.
- It is very low in calories unless you add a lot of sugar and cream to it.
- It has a nice dose of caffeine.
- It contains a large amount of antioxidants (Polyphenols)
- It is also an ergogenic aid, so drinking a cup before your workout will enhance your strength and stamina.
- Bulletproof organic coffee beans.
- 1 tablespoon pasture based organic unsalted butter.
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin organic coconut oil.
Michael Medvig is a personal trainer and owner of M Factor Fitness Inc., an in home personal training company in Parker Colorado. This blog represents opinions on fitness. Do your own research and draw your own conclusions. All information and materials on this site are provided as is and without warranty of any kind. These materials (including all text, images, logos, compilation, and design, unless otherwise noted) are copyright 2001-2010 M Factor Fitness Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright 2001-2010 M Factor Fitness Inc. All rights reserved. |