Warming up doesn’t need to be a complicated process. Here are 4 quick warm-up exercises you can do to warm-up the spine and hips. This shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes.
- Windshield Wipers 10-12 reps each side.
- Cat Stretch 10-12 reps
- Knee Circles 10-15 each way /each leg
- Heel Lifts 15 each leg
Important: If you need to roll and smash any areas this is the time to do it. It doesn’t make sense to work a joint/muscle that is already under stress. Make the joint/muscle as mobile as possible before you subject it to stress.
Some people like getting a treadmill for a few minutes. This is effective if you are thinking about the upcoming workout and a waste of time if you are texting, tweeting or daydreaming.
Key points about the warm-up:
- If you feel tight do more reps.
- Add any exercises from the stretching page if you have tightness in other areas.
- Pay attention to how your body is moving and feeling.
Heel Lifts (Or Butt Lifts)
For warming up the upper body please see the stretches pages for some ideas.
Want these Warm-ups on your phone along with a bunch of other workouts? Click here to check out my Online Training.